We take your privacy very seriously. Starstuded was created to allow members to find exciting people and opportunities around the world. We appreciate the trust you place in us when you create an account with us and let us share it with others on the app, and protecting your privacy is critical to maintaining that trust.
What information do we collect?
We collect the information that is necessary to help you develop meaningful connections with other members on Starstuded, such as profile details, or types of members you would like to meet. We also collect the information you give us, the information you generate when you use our Services, and information from third parties (such as when you access StarStuded through a social media account). Below, we explain more about each category.
Information You Give Us
When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us, you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
Of course, we also process your chats with other members as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information Collected When You Use Our Services
· Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other members (e.g.) members you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
· Device Information: We collect information about the device you use when you access our Services, such as IP address, web browser type, time zone, and so on.
· Other Information with Your Consent: If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
Information Received from Third Parties
· Other members – Other members may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other members if they contact us about you.
· Social Media – You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your Starstuded account. This saves you from having to remember yet another member name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
· Other Partners – We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where Starstuded ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a member does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s member. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including StarStuded, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
How do we use your information?
We primarily use your information to deliver and improve our Services. We also use your information to keep you safe, enforce our Community Guidelines, and provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Below, we discuss more details on the purposes for which we use your information.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
· Create and manage your account
· Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
· Complete your transactions
· Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other members
· Analyze your profile, activity on the service, and preferences to recommend meaningful connections to you and recommend you to others
· Show members’ profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
· Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To provide new Starstuded services to you
· Register you and display your profile on new Starstuded features and apps
· Administer your account on these new features and apps
To serve you relevant offers and ads
· Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
· Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
· Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
· Administer focus groups and surveys
· Conduct research and analysis of members’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on members’ behavior)
· Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from members).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
· Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
· Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
· Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
· Comply with legal requirements
· Assist law enforcement
· Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
· Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other members and recommend other members to you.
· Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze members’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
When and how do we share your information?
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of members’ information is, of course, with other members. We also share some members’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
Sharing information with other members: You share information with other members when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it. If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
Sharing information with third parties: We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners. We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
Sharing information due to corporate transaction: We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
Sharing information where required by law to do so: We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
Sharing information to protect legal rights: We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our members, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
Sharing information with your consent or request: We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
What are your rights?
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. You can always request to see any of your personal information which we have collected. If you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, or if you believe we are no longer entitled to use it, you can request rectification or deletion. In general, if you have any concerns or objections with regard to your stored personal information, you can always contact us at starstuded.com/contact. For your protection, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answers the requests we have outlined.
Please keep in mind that we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another member. If you wish to receive information relating to another member, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other member will have to contact us to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
How do we protect your information?
We act responsibly to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
If we suspect or detect any breach of security, we may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please contact us at starstuded.com/contact.
How long do we retain your information?
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our members on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
· We must retain the information to comply with the law or to demonstrate compliance with the law
· We will retain the information in order to resolve an outstanding issue, claim or dispute
· We will retain information necessary for legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
We do not permit minors to use Starstuded, nor do we collect personal information from minors.
Our services are restricted to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit members under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a member is under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at starstuded.com/contact or use the reporting feature within the app.
How will you know if our policies change?
We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.