Welcome to Starstuded, operated by Starstuded, Inc. (“us,” “we,” the “Company” or “Starstuded”).
Notice to California subscribers: You may cancel your subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. If you subscribed using on the website, please contact us at starstuded.com/contact .
We may make changes to this Agreement and to the Services from time to time. We may do this for a variety of reasons including to reflect changes in or requirements of the law, new features, or changes in business practices. The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the Services under Settings and also on starstuded.com, and you should regularly check for the most recent version. The most recent version is the version that applies. If the changes include material changes that affect your rights or obligations, we will notify you in advance of the changes by reasonable means, which could include notification through the Services or via email. If you continue to use the Services after the changes become effective, then you agree to the revised Agreement. You agree that this Agreement shall supersede any prior agreements (except as specifically stated herein), and shall govern your entire relationship with Company, including but not limited to events, agreements, and conduct preceding your acceptance of this Agreement.
You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on Starstuded and use the Services. By creating an account and using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
· you can form a binding contract with Starstuded;
· you are not a person who is barred from using the Services under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction–meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition;
· you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations; and
· you have never been convicted of or pled no contest to a felony, a sex crime, or any crime involving violence, and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry.
3. Your Account
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for Starstuded, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact us.
4. Modifying the Services and Termination
Starstuded is always striving to improve the Services and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time as well as remove some features, and if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend the Services entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the Services. Starstuded may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. Upon such termination, you will not be entitled to any refund for purchases. After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and Starstuded: Section 4, Section 5, and Sections 12 through 19.
5. Safety; Your Interactions with Other Members
Though Starstuded strives to encourage a respectful member experience through features like the double opt-in that allows members to communicate only after they have both indicated interest in one another, it is not responsible for the conduct of any member on or off of the Services. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other members, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Services or meet in person. In addition, you agree to review and follow StarStuded’s Safety Tips prior to using the Services. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other members.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT STARSTUDED DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS MEMBERS. STARSTUDED MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS. STARSTUDED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT – AND YOU AUTHORIZE STARSTUDED TO CONDUCT – ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS OBTAINED BY IT OR WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE MAY BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
6. Rights Starstuded Grants You
Starstuded grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the benefits of Services as intended by Starstuded and permitted by this Agreement. Therefore, you agree not to:
● use the Services or any content contained in the Services for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
● copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, Services marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the Services without Starstuded’s prior written consent.
● express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Starstuded.
● use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents.
● use the Services in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services.
● upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Services.
● forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Services.
● “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Services without Starstuded’s prior written authorization.
● use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Starstuded or the Services (or any trademark, trade name, Services mark, logo or slogan of Starstuded) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
● modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Services, or cause others to do so.
● use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or other members’ Content or information without our written consent.
● use, access, or publish the Starstuded application programming interface without our written consent.
● probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network.
● encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
Starstuded may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/ or unauthorized uses of the Services, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
7. Rights You Grant to Starstuded
By creating an account, you grant to Starstuded a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorize us to access from Facebook, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on the Services or transmit to other members (collectively, “Content”). Starstuded’s license to your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that Starstuded’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of the Services. For example, Starstuded would have an exclusive license to screenshots of the Services that include your Content. In addition, so that Starstuded can prevent the use of your Content outside of the Services, you authorize Starstuded to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of your Content taken from the Services by other members or third parties. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, to send notices pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) (i.e., DMCA Takedown Notices) on your behalf if your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of the Services. Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the Services and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorize us to place on the Services may be viewed by other members and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Services (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other Starstuded members).
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the Services and grant the license to Starstuded above.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of the Services. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Services.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
In consideration for Starstuded allowing you to use the Services, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the Services. By submitting suggestions or feedback to Starstuded regarding our Services, you agree that Starstuded may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that Starstuded may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer Services; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
8. Community Rules
By using the Services, you agree that you will not:
● use the Services for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement.
● use the Services for any harmful or nefarious purpose.
● use the Services in order to damage Starstuded.
● violate our Community Guidelines , as updated from time to time.
● spam, solicit money from or defraud any members.
● impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
● bully, “stalk,” intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person.
● post any Content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
● post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
● post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
● solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
● use another user’s account, share an account with another user, or maintain more than one account.
● create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
Starstuded reserves the right to investigate and/ or terminate your account without a refund of any purchases if you have violated this Agreement, misused the Services or behaved in a way that Starstuded regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur on or off the Services.
9. Other Members’ Content
Although Starstuded reserves the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the member who posts it, and Starstuded cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. If you see Content on the Services that violates this Agreement, please report it within the Services or via our contact page at starstuded.com/contact .
Generally. From time to time, Starstuded may offer products and Services for purchase through carrier billing, Starstuded direct billing or other payment platforms authorized by Starstuded. If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to confirm your purchase with the applicable payment provider, and your method of payment (be it your card or a third party account) (your “Payment Method”) will be charged at the prices displayed to you for the Services(s) you’ve selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments, and you authorize Starstuded or the third party account, as applicable, to charge you.
Auto-Renewal. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription, your Payment Method will continue to be billed for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. If you do not wish your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to access your third party account (or Account Settings on Starstuded) and follow instructions to cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us. Deleting your account on Starstuded or deleting the Starstuded application from your device does not cancel your subscription; Starstuded will retain all funds charged to your Payment Method until you cancel your subscription on Starstuded or the third party account, as applicable. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term, and your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires.
Additional Terms that apply if you pay Starstuded directly with your Payment Method. If you pay Starstuded directly, Starstuded may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your Payment Method, Starstuded may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion.
You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting Starstuded and going to Settings. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your subscription, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for your credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method.
Digital Items. From time to time, you may be able to purchase, a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use “virtual items”. Any Virtual Item balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead constitutes a measurement of the extent of your license. Virtual Items do not incur fees for non-use, however, the license granted to you in Virtual Items will terminate in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, when Starstuded ceases providing the Services or your account is otherwise closed or terminated. Starstuded, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Items and/ or may distribute Virtual Items with or without charge. Starstuded may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items at any time. Starstuded shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Starstuded exercises any such rights. Virtual Items may only be redeemed through the Services. ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. The provision of Virtual Items for use in the Services is a Services that commences immediately upon the acceptance of your purchase of such Virtual Items. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT STARSTUDED IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
Refunds. Generally, all charges for purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. We may make an exception if a refund for a subscription offering is requested within fourteen days of the transaction date, or if the laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds.
For subscribers residing in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin, the terms below apply:
You may cancel your subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the Services of Starstuded) before the end of your subscription period, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing the company notice in the same manner as you request a refund as described below.
To request a refund:
11. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
● an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
● a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
● a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
● your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address;
● a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
● a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company via email to [email protected]
Starstuded will terminate known accounts of repeat infringers.
STARSTUDED PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. STARSTUDED DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE.
STARSTUDED TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER MEMBER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICES. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
STARSTUDED DISCLAIMS AND TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY OTHER MEMBER, ON OR OFF THE SERVICES.
13. Third Party Services
The Services may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites or resources. Starstuded is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Services, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. Starstuded is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
14. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL STARSTUDED, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICES PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER MEMBERS` OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE SERVICES; OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF STARSTUDED HAS BEEN ADVISED AT ANY TIME OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL STARSTUDED’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO STARSTUDED DURING THE TWENTY-FOUR (24) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE THAT YOU FIRST FILE A LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL PROCEEDING AGAINST STARSTUDED, WHETHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, IN ANY TRIBUNAL. THE DAMAGES LIMITATION SET FORTH IN THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING SENTENCE APPLIES (i) REGARDLESS OF THE GROUND UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS BASED (WHETHER DEFAULT, CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE), (ii) IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TYPE OF BREACH OF OBLIGATIONS, AND (iii) WITH RESPECT TO ALL EVENTS, THE SERVICES, AND THIS AGREEMENT.
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 14 SHALL APPLY EVEN IF YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL WITH RESPECT TO THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Arbitration, Class-Action Waiver, and Jury Waiver
Except where prohibited by applicable law:
1. The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof), or the Services, regardless of the date of accrual and including past, pending, and future claims, shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by JAMS under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, except as modified by our Arbitration Procedures . The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that either party has the right to bring an individual claim against the other in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction, or, if filed in arbitration, the responding party may request that the dispute proceed in small claims court instead if the claim is within the jurisdiction of the small claims court. If the request to proceed in small claims court is made before an arbitrator has been appointed, the arbitration shall be administratively closed. If the request to proceed in small claims court is made after an arbitrator has been appointed, the arbitrator shall determine whether the dispute should remain in arbitration or instead be decided in small claims court. Such arbitration shall be conducted by written submissions only, unless either you or Starstuded elect to invoke the right to an oral hearing before the Arbitrator. But whether you choose arbitration or small claims court, you agree that you will not under any circumstances commence, maintain, or participate in any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding against StarStuded.
2. By accepting this Agreement, you agree to the Arbitration Agreement in this Section 15. In doing so, BOTH YOU AND STARSTUDED GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and Starstuded (except for matters that may be properly taken to a small claims court and are within such court’s jurisdiction). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING.
3. If you assert a claim against Starstuded outside of small claims court (and Starstuded does not request that the claim be moved to small claims court), your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all claims and all issues regarding the whether the dispute can be arbitrated. The same is true for Starstuded. Both you and Starstuded are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can generally grant the relief that a court can, including the ability to hear a dispositive motion (which may include a dispositive motion based upon the parties’ pleadings, as well as a dispositive motion based upon the parties’ pleadings along with the evidence submitted), but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures .
4. The Jurisdiction and Venue provisions in Sections 16 and 17 are incorporated and are applicable to this Arbitration Agreement.
As you decide whether to agree to this Arbitration Agreement, here are some important considerations:
● Arbitration is a process of private dispute resolution that does not involve the civil courts, a civil judge or a jury. Instead, the parties’ dispute is decided by a private arbitrator selected by the parties under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. Arbitration does not limit or affect the legal claims you as an individual may bring against Starstuded. Agreeing to arbitration will only affect where those claims may be brought and how they will be resolved.
● Arbitration is generally considered to be a more rapid dispute resolution process than the judicial system, but that is not always the case. The Arbitrator will typically determine whether Starstuded or you will be required to pay or split the cost of any arbitration with Starstuded, based on the circumstances presented.
● IMPORTANT: THERE ARE NOW, AND MAY BE IN THE FUTURE, LAWSUITS AGAINST STARSTUDED ALLEGING CLASS AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLASS ACTIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION 15, WHICH IF SUCCESSFUL, COULD POTENTIALLY RESULT IN SOME MONETARY OR OTHER RECOVERY TO YOU, IF YOU ELECT TO OPT OUT OF THE RETROACTIVE APPLICATION OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. THE MERE EXISTENCE OF SUCH CLASS AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE LAWSUITS, HOWEVER, DOES NOT MEAN THAT SUCH LAWSUITS WILL ULTIMATELY SUCCEED, OR, EVEN IF SUCCESSFUL, THAT YOU WOULD BE ENTITLED TO ANY RECOVERY.
● You will be precluded from bringing any class or representative action against Starstuded, unless you timely opt out of the retroactive application of this Arbitration Agreement, and you will also be precluded from participating in any recovery resulting from any class or representative action brought against Starstuded, in each case provided you are not already bound by an arbitration agreement and class action waiver previously agreed to with Starstuded.
WHETHER TO AGREE TO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION. IT IS YOUR DECISION TO MAKE, AND YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE TO CONDUCT FURTHER RESEARCH AND TO CONSULT WITH OTHERS — INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN ATTORNEY — REGARDING THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR DECISION, JUST AS YOU WOULD WHEN MAKING ANY OTHER IMPORTANT BUSINESS OR LIFE DECISION.
IF FOR ANY REASON THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, YOU WILL NEVERTHELESS STILL BE BOUND BY ANY PRIOR VALID ARBITRATION AGREEMENT THAT YOU ENTERED INTO WITH STARSTUDED.
16. Governing Law
Except where our arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Services, or your relationship with Starstuded, without regard to Pennsylvania’s conflict of laws rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Arbitration Agreement of Section 15 supra shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
Except for claims that may be properly brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement, to the Services, or to your relationship with Starstuded that for whatever reason are not submitted to arbitration will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. You and Starstuded consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and waive any claim that such courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
18. Indemnity by You
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Starstuded, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Services, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
19. Entire Agreement; Other